Cloud Hosted Router (CHR) is a RouterOS version meant for running as a virtual machine. It supports x86 64-bit architecture and can be used on most of popular hypervisors such as VMWare, Hyper-V, VirtualBox, KVM and others. CHR has full RouterOS features enabled by default but has a different licensing model than other RouterOS versions.
Difference between CHR Versions
- License P1 – 1Gbps upload speed limit per interface
- License P10 – 10Gbps upload speed limit per interface
- License P-Unlimited – Unlimited speed
To obatin the license we need
- You Mikrotik account name
- The authorization key from menu “Edit account details” into Mikrotik portal